As promised, here it is fuckers:
This brings back wonderful memories of:
- How perfectly Sonora embodied "Luckey" for those three days of shooting. I felt as if I was back with the real "Luckey" the whole time
- Brianne and Sara shining lights past the Thunderbird while Nate rocked it up and down, over and over and over...
- Sonora sitting perfectly still, take after take, for those shots in the living room of me rocking out
- Sara hitting her (not plugged in) keyboard so hard it made her fingers hurt trying to get noise out of it
- Sharing those wonderful bottles of water-wine on the roof
- The lady in the park who repeatedly demonstrated how many times Bill Withers says "I know" in "Ain't No Sunshine"
- Those Fucking Jibs
- The wonderfully weird boat parade on the Willamette River that night
- How much Kelly's Olympian didn't give a fuck
- How smoking way too many cigarettes in a row feels
- How many times someone commented on how I look like Ryan Adams
- How I loved it every time someone commented on how I look like Ryan Adams (one of my favorite artists ever)
- Getting to sit in an actual Thunderbird and how unworthy I was
- Thinking of how many fucking talented people were in that apartment that night
I could never thank Kevin Pietila enough for taking my Asperger's, non-visual memories of Luckey and somehow creating this. It is beyond my comprehension how talented he is.
I am so grateful to all the talented people involved: Kevin Pietila, Sara Morris, Brianne Kathleen, Jon Fickes, Sonora Mindwerl, Nate Ernst, Colby and, of course, me (just kidding, kind of). They say it takes a village, but we did it with less people, more hard work and more skill. But most of all, we did it...